Wine Tour from Forte dei Marmi to Chianti
Chianti is the name of a wine brand known around the globe. The name of this wine is directly related to the territory, located between Florence, Siena and Arezzo and it is called Chianti. This hilly valley is the most precious jewel of Tuscany. You can see the endless wineries and olive groves scattered across the hills and the unique medieval architecture accompanied by cupressus alleys. The landscapes are truly mesmerizing. The main wine varieties produced in this region are Chianti, Chianti Classico, Chianti Classico Riserva. The state strictly regulates the implementation of technological and quality control of these wines.
Departure from Florence, arrival to Castle of Verrazzano, excursion in the castle and its wine cellars, wine tasting. Transfer from the castle to the town of Greve-in-Chianti, exploring the town and the medieval Montefioralle village in which the famous explorer Amerigo Vespucci was born. Arrival to Villa Gerardini, wine tasting, transfer to Florence.
If you would like to have lunch at Dario Cecchini’s, visiting Villa Geradini is excluded from the programme.
Things to enjoy during this excursion:
Lunch or dinner at Dario Cecchini’s is a great way to enjoy the refined taste of Tuscan cuisine… You will be offered carpaccio, different types of steaks (including the famous Florence steak), vegetables, lard with Tuscan herbs and of course the Chianti wine. The cosy, informal atmosphere will make your time spent here pleasantly unforgettable.
Timetable: lunch starts at 13:00, dinner starts at 20:00
Dear tourists, we offer you tours to the Chianti valley. You can choose the duration and the variation of the tour, which suits you the best. You can explore the Chianti valley independently or accompanied by a professional tour guide.
The price of the tour does not include the price of the professional tour guide services and the price of the wine tasting, lunch, or dinner. If you would like to order these services, please activate these services in the order form when submitting your order. Select the number of working hours of the tour guide at the Castle of Verrazzano and at Villa Gerardini, which should be not less than 6 hours in total.
When ordering a tour with lunch or dinner, the minimum duration of the excursion should not be less than 8 hours.
The price of professional tour guide service in the wine tour at the Chianti valley is €225 for 6 hours or €300 for 8 hours. The minimum duration of the guided tour is six hours.
The price of wine degustation at the Castle of Verrazzano is €15 – €50 per person, depending on the selected degustation type.
The price of wine degustation at the Villa Gerardini is €15 – €50 per person, depending on the selected degustation type.
The price of lunch or dinner at Dario Cecchini’s is €50 per person.
The tour duration is considered to be from the moment of departure to the time of your arrival back.
- from Forte dei Marmi to the Castle of Verrazzano it’s approximately 1 hour depending on the location of your hotel
- from the Castle of Verrazzano to Greve-in-Chianti it’s approximately 20 minutes
- from Greve-in-Chianti to Villa Gerardini it’s approximately 20 minutes
- from Villa Gerardini to Forte dei Marmi it’s approximately 1 hour 20 minutes depending on the location of your hotel
- from Greve-in-Chianti to Dario Cecchini’s it’s approximately 25 minutes
- from Dario Cecchini’s to Forte dei Marmi it’s approximately 1 hour 25 minutes depending on the location of your hotel
- If you have any questions, you can check the answers or ask your questions here.
- If you need more than one cars for one order, you can contact our support service here.
- If you would like to go on an Italy tour, you can get additional information here.
Why trust us:
- Professional drivers who have received training and instructions passed all the necessary exams and have the CAP(KB) certificates.
- Licensed cars (NCC) which have the right to enter historical centres of the cities, and seaports.
- Fixed prices, regardless of the road traffic.
- New cars of various classes.
- Special insurance for the passengers, in case of a car accident.
- Punctuality, responsibility, politeness, confidentiality, many years of work experience in the sphere of passenger transport.