Excursion from Viareggio to Siena
Siena is one of the most interesting towns of Tuscany, as its facade remained unchanged for a couple of centuries. Wonderful architecture, traditions and distinctiveness of the town is valued and carefully preserved by its citizens. By visiting Siena, you can learn its history and get to know the interesting traditions of its residents. «PALIO» which is a bareback horse race held twice a year on the main square, has a special place in the life of Siena. All towns of Tuscany are wonderful, but Siena has a special charm.
Things to enjoy during this excursion:
Wine tasting together with a proper lunch or dinner will be a pleasure for true gourmets. You will be offered Vernaccia, Chianti, Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile and of course the Super Tuscan wines. When tasting wine, it’s important to start from the most complex and continue with the simple wines. At the winery, you will also be offered appetizers and meals matching the served wine type. For simple wines, you will be offered Tuscan appetizers which consist of cheese, prosciutto, salami and greens, and for more complex wines – Tuscan soup, lasagna and meat. For dessert – a wonderful dessert wine Vin Santo and cantuccini cookies.
Dear tourists, we offer you tours to the town of Siena. You can choose the duration and the variation of the tour, which suits you the best. You can explore the city independently or accompanied by a professional tour guide.
The price of the tour does not include the price of the professional tour guide services and the price of wine tasting with lunch or dinner. If you would like to order these services, please activate these services in the order form when submitting your order.
When ordering a tour with degustation and lunch or dinner, the minimum duration of the tour should not be less than 6 hours.
The price of professional tour guide service in the town of Siena is €50 per hour. The minimum duration of the guided tour is two hours
The price of lunch or dinner at the winery with degustation of 10 -12 different wines (including Super Tuscan wines) is €35 per person
The tour duration is considered to be from the moment of departure from the meeting point indicated by you to the time of your arrival back. If the tour is extended €35 should be paid for each additional hour beyond the initial duration indicated when submitting the order.
- from Viareggio to Siena approximately 2 hours, depending on the location of your hotel
- from Siena to Viareggio approximately 2 hours, depending on the location of your hotel
- from Siena to the winery approximately 30 minutes
- from the winery to Viareggio approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, depending on the location of your hotel
Landmarks in Siena:
- Dominic’s Cathedral
- The Siena Cathedral
- Catherine’s Monastery
- If you have any questions, you can check the answers or ask your questions here.
- If you need more than one cars for one order, you can contact our support service here.
- If you would like to go on an Italy tour, you can get additional information here.
Why trust us:
- Professional drivers who have received training and instructions passed all the necessary exams and have the CAP(KB) certificates.
- Licensed cars (NCC) which have the right to enter historical centres of the cities, and seaports.
- Fixed prices, regardless of the road traffic.
- New cars of various classes.
- Special insurance for the passengers, in case of a car accident.
- Punctuality, responsibility, politeness, confidentiality, many years of work experience in the sphere of passenger transport.