Excursion from Viareggio to Cortona
Cortona is one of the oldest towns of Italy. According to a legend, this town was founded by Crano – one of the descendants of Noah’s, after the Great Flood. The town is located at the Monto Egidio mountain and is situated at an altitude of 600 meters above the sea level. From the observation point of the town you can see the beautiful Val di Chiana valley and the Trasimeno Lake. You won’t be able to forget the unique architecture, narrow medieval streets and crossings, friendly and hospitable residents of this town. The movie «UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN» was filmed in this pleasant and charming town of Cortona, which made it famous around the world.
Things to enjoy during this excursion:
On your way back to Florence, we can have a stop at the winery, where you will have the opportunity to taste wonderful wines and enjoy the Tuscan cuisine.
Wine tasting together with a proper lunch or dinner will be a pleasure for true gourmets. You will be offered Vernaccia, Chianti, Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile and of course the Super Tuscan wines. When tasting wine, it’s important to start from the most complex and continue with the simple wines. At the winery, you will also be offered appetizers and meals matching the served wine type. For simple wines, you will be offered Tuscan appetizers which consist of cheese, prosciutto, salami and greens, and for more complex wines – Tuscan soup, lasagna and meat. For dessert – a wonderful dessert wine Vin Santo and cantuccini cookies.
Dear tourists, we offer you tours to the city of Cortona. You can choose the duration and the variation of the tour, which suits you the best. You can explore the city independently or accompanied by a professional tour guide.
The price of the tour does not include the price of the professional tour guide services and the price of the wine tasting, lunch, or dinner. If you would like to order these services, please activate these services in the order form when submitting your order.
The price of the professional tour guide service in Cortona is €50 per hour. The minimum duration of the guided tour is two hours
The price of lunch or dinner at the winery with degustation of 10 -12 different wines (including Super Tuscan wines) is €35 per person
When ordering a tour with wine tasting and lunch or dinner, the minimum tour duration should not be less than 8 hours.
The tour duration is considered to be from the moment of departure from the meeting point indicated by you to the time of your arrival back. If the tour is extended €35 should be paid for each additional hour beyond the initial duration indicated when submitting the order.
Restaurants in Cortona
- from Viareggio to Cortona it’s approximately 2 hours 20 minutes, depending on the location of your hotel
- from Cortona to Viareggio it’s approximately 2 hours 20 minutes, depending on the location of your hotel
When visiting the winery with lunch or dinner:
- from Cortona to the winery approximately 1 hour 10 minutes
- from the winery to Florence in about 1 hour 40 minutes, depending on the location of your hotel
Landmarks in Cortona:
- St Margaret’s Church (relics of St.Margarets)
- Medici Fortress
- Museum of the Etruscan
- If you have any questions, you can check the answers or ask your questions here.
- If you need more than one cars for one order, you can contact our support service here.
- If you would like to go on an Italy tour, you can get additional information here.
Why trust us:
- Professional drivers who have received training and instructions passed all the necessary exams and have the CAP(KB) certificates.
- Licensed cars (NCC) which have the right to enter historical centres of the cities, and seaports.
- Fixed prices, regardless of the road traffic.
- New cars of various classes.
- Special insurance for the passengers, in case of a car accident.
- Punctuality, responsibility, politeness, confidentiality, many years of work experience in the sphere of passenger transport.