Excursion from Florence to Montepulciano and Pienza
Montepulciano is an extraordinary town situated at one of the most beautiful places of Tuscany, it is located between two picturesque valleys – Val d’Orcia and Val di Chiana. The town has a rich history, going back to the Etruscan era, and it was the capital and the residency of Etruscan rulers. The mineral salts of thermal springs have been known for ages and thermal sanatoriums near this town function to this day. Filmmakers, of course, noticed Montepulciano, and it became a decoration for Tom Tykwer’s movie «HEAVEN».
Pienza is a town which was built by the Roman Pope Pius II. The Pope wanted to build the ideal town, and then this town was built according to all of the canons of medieval urban planning. Pienza was built in record time, it took just three years and three months to build the whole city. This warm and friendly town will give you lots of nice memories.
Things to enjoy during this excursion:
Nobile di Montepulciano wine is one of the symbols of this town, and you can taste it at one of the many wine shops in the town.
Pecorino Cheese is a sheep milk cheese perfect for Tuscan wines. You can taste this cheese in Pienza, which is famous for its cheeses.
Dear tourists, we offer you tours to the cities of Montepulciano and Pienza. You can choose the duration and the variation of the tour, which suits you the best. You can explore the city independently or accompanied by a professional tour guide.
The price of the tour does not include the price of professional tour guide services. If you would like to order tour guide services, please activate this service when submitting your order in the ordering form. Choose the number of hours the guide will work in Montepulciano and Pienza for a total of at least 6 hours.
The cost of a professional guide in the tour of Montepulciano and Pienza is 250 € for 6 hours and 333 € for 8 hours. The minimum duration of the guided tour is 6 hours.
The tour duration is considered to be from the moment of departure from the meeting point indicated by you to the time of your arrival back. If the tour is extended €35 should be paid for each additional hour beyond the initial duration indicated when submitting the order.
- from Florence to Montepulciano approximately 1 hour 20 minutes, depending on the location of your hotel
- from Montepulciano to Pienza about 25 minutes
- from Pienza to Florence approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, depending on the location of your hotel
Landmarks in Montepulciano:
- Church (Tempio di San Biagio)
- Main square (Piazza Grande)
- Observation deck (Terrazza del Palazzo Comunale )
Landmarks in Pienza:
- Pius II square
- Piccolomini Palace
- Diocesan museum
- If you have any questions, you can check the answers or ask your questions here.
- If you need more than one cars for one order, you can contact our support service here.
- If you would like to go on an Italy tour, you can get additional information here.
Why trust us:
- Professional drivers who have received training and instructions passed all the necessary exams and have the CAP(KB) certificates.
- Licensed cars (NCC) which have the right to enter historical centres of the cities, and seaports.
- Fixed prices, regardless of the road traffic.
- New cars of various classes.
- Special insurance for the passengers, in case of a car accident.
- Punctuality, responsibility, politeness, confidentiality, many years of work experience in the sphere of passenger transport.